Firmware Version 2.x Support Will End On September 10, 2020
In order to create a better customer experience, we encourage all the users to upgrade to Firmware Version 3.x, including discontinued product users (GL-MT300N & GL-MT300A). We will continue to support Firmware version 2.x until 10th September, 2020. For Firmware version 2.x users, you can still access most of the services on our routers. However, you may encounter issues below:
1. You cannot install packages on the Admin Panel. Installed packages are not affected.
2. You cannot access and download the new version on the Admin Panel. In this case, you can download new versions manually here.
3. The function of DDNS is not available.
The Benefits of Using Firmware Version 3.x
1. Easy, Responsive and Beautiful User Interfaces
2. Real & Free Dynamic DNS Pre-Installed
3. Free Cloud Control with Smartphone Apps
4. Newly Designed OpenVPN and WireGuard Interfaces
5. DNS Encryption via TLS
6. Internet Kill Switch and VPN policies
We highly recommend users to update to Firmware version 3.x to avoid the issues above. However, if you wish to continue using the version 2.x, please read this document for further instructions. Please contact our Support Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you encounter any issues towards upgrading your Firmware.
We are a leading developer of OpenWRT pre-installed wireless routers and world-class solution providers, offering quality services of smart cities, data privacy protection, and enterprise IoT. We partner with like-minded companies around the globe to provide phenomenal products and services. We aim to build a smarter lifestyle. For more information, visit gl-inet.com, or connect with GL.iNet on Facebook, Twitter, and GL.iNet’s Blog.
About The Author
Ruby Lo is a Hong Kong-based Digital Marketing Specialist at GL.iNet. As a technology and cybersecurity lover, she is passionate to share her ideas and tips with the visitors. Connect with her on LinkedIn.