How to Enter the Uboot Web UI
GL routers all have a Uboot web interface in case you brick them. You might have done something wrong when you DIY your firmware, but you can eventually save your router by flashing the default firmware back using Uboot Web UI. The processes of entering the Web UI for different routers are more or less the same.
The common procedure:
- Connect only one cable to your router, and leave the other port (LAN or WAN) unconnected.
- Press and hold the Reset button firmly first, and then power on your device. Must obey the first and then procedure.
- The LEDs will start blinking. Find the videos below for different routers.
- Release your finger when you see the LEDs flashing 5 times for AR150 and 6416 ( flashing 3 times for MT300N and MT300A).
- Set your computer’s IP address to 192.168.1.2 (see the cap-screen of Win 7 below)
- User Firefox or Chrome to visit **http://192.168.1.1.**Then you will enter Uboot Web UI.
- Find your firmware and upload it
- Wait for around 3 minutes. Don’t power off your device while upgrading.